Friday 8 July 2016

A Bora Bora Beach Wedding


As I lay on the beach on Bora Bora on my honeymoon, I honestly felt so lucky and just thought, what could be better than this?  What could be better than spending your honeymoon on the paradise beaches of Bora Bora?  Actually getting married there, of course! 


We were just settling into our books outside our beach bungalow on Bora Bora, when a gorgeous French couple strolled along the beach, all dressed in white, the vision of romance, with a photographer in tow. 

As I remember, it was actually one of the hottest days on Bora Bora, and my new husband and I were melting into our sun loungers.  We were completely in awe of this gorgeous couple, who didn’t seem to be bothered in the slightest – they just looked so happy and relaxed. 

We didn’t actually see the ceremony, assuming that this happened on a more secluded spot, but I imagine it was just amazing!  Most weddings on the islands of French Polynesia take place around sunset, when the heat is slightly more manageable, but it was around 11am when the couple came wandering along the beach.  I can only imagine they had perhaps got married the night before, by the fact they were so willing to get into the water for photos. 

Even though we had our own private beach, as I lay there in my bikini, I couldn’t help feeling like I was intruding on their special moment – underdressed for one, and still overwhelmed from my own wedding!  We couldn’t help but stare, although we did offer them our congratulations and asked them if we could take a few photos in return for some cold bottled water and a towel. 

As I lay there, I thought back on my own wedding and how it seemed a world away from theirs, literally!  I thought back to our own arrival on the island of Bora Bora, and the excitement we felt coming in on the plane, and wondered how they must have felt arriving knowing they would be married here.  Dreamy! 

To recreate the story, the below photos document our own arrival to Bora Bora, our secluded beach, and then the chance happening of the gorgeous newlyweds. 

We stayed at the InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora.  The resort boasts beachfront privacy, and occupies the most beautiful site in French Polynesia.  Two white sand beaches set the scene for this exclusive Bora Bora resort, which features traditional Polynesian bungalow suites on the beach and over the lagoon.  The resort is only accessible by boat from the airport. 

Lx


Our view from the plane as we arrived:  




The airport arrivals and departures!  The airport is located on the motu, which is the islet just off of the main island of Bora Bora.  For this reason, the airport and the resorts are only accessible by boat transfer:  


 

Arrival at our resort:  




Our little beach bungalow:  




Each beach bungalow had its own small stretch of private beach:  



 

The newlyweds:  



 
 
 
 

More honeymoon write-ups to come!










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig