Monday 2 November 2015

The Chosen Wedding Fair



It's wedding season and my 3rd wedding show in a month!  Now I am more accustomed to going to wedding fairs/fayres (depending on which one you’re talking about!), I was looking forward to checking out The Chosen Wedding Fair last week, as it was being hosted in the Islington Assembly Halls right next door to where I’m getting married next year. 

Right on Upper Street next door to the Town Hall with prime location, this was great exposure for vendors as you could turn up on the day and gain entry for only £4.  I recently reviewed the very glossy big name wedding fair ‘Brides The Show’, hosted by Brides magazine, but also The Vintage Wedding Fayre, which was very local and niche, well, The Chosen Wedding Fair was somewhere in between. 

“Bringing a fresh stance to ye olde vintage wedding fair we bring you fresh contemporary events that showcase unique, bespoke and classical vintage design – for those items that are already or are set to become British Heritage designs.”

They had me with their artistic art deco website and posters.  It was interesting because there genuinely were some things I’d never seen before, so it was great for inspiration. 


Dinky food van by Le Swine
This was just the thing to serve my hangover last Sunday after getting too merry the night before checking out my wedding band!  Serving ‘Bad ass bacon butties’, and double duck egg rolls, or a combination.  The van was totally on point and I thought it would be great for late night snacks at weddings, or even as your main wedding breakfast if you were having a low key garden or pub wedding.
  




Entry was relaxed but you were immediately faced with vendors even before getting into the main hall; the hall was so busy that stalls were over spilling into the entrance way and corridor. 

Glamping hen weekends in Suffolk by Kenton Hall Estate
‘Imagine early morning yoga in the woodland, back to nature activities, delicious afternoon tea and of course marshmallows and cocktails around the campfire.’ 
-Flyers on the day had offers for the Bride to go half price. 



Gorgeous veils and head pieces by Anne-Marie Faulkner Bridal

Despite veils being traditional and mostly unnecessary these days, I found these gorgeously contemporary.
  




Unique vintage inspired wedding dresses by Belle and Bunty Bridal
I was thrilled to come across this stall because the dress on display is actually the dress my friend wore on her wedding day when I was bridesmaid for her!  It brought lots of happy memories flooding back!  The dress is so delicate and unique. 
 




Some unusual wedding cakes by Milk Street Kitchen and Kensington Lane
Gorgeous designs and cute cake toppers.
  



 

Wedding jewellery by London Rocks
It’s rare to see such contemporary designs at wedding fairs, I love this brand and am considering returning my wedding band to Liberty’s!
  




Gents wedding attire by Anthony Formal Wear
This was the first time I’d seen the groom properly represented at a wedding fair!  Some very slick and unusual combinations.
   


Shoes by Love Art Wear Art
I was already in love with this brand because my sister wore them for her wedding last year (click here to see my post on her wedding, including her shoes).  Handmade and with only 150 pairs of each style and colour made, you definitely won’t be in danger of a guest wearing the same shoes as you… unless perhaps my sister or I are invited to your wedding!
  




Of the few wedding fairs I’ve attended recently, this was my favourite.  Beautifully and carefully curated, the vendors were more suited to my personal style.  Take a look on The Chosen Wedding website for more upcoming venues and dates in London and Bristol. 

Lx 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig