Monday 16 May 2016

UK Blog Awards 2016


In the midst of wedding planning, new blogger pal Maggie over at Planes & Champagne suggested we go to the upcoming UK Blog Awards to network and suss out the competition.  It was to be the Friday night sandwiched exactly 1 week after my wedding, and 1 week before my honeymoon, however I jumped at the chance.  The new world of blogging was so exciting, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to gain some insight, learn a thing or two from the pros, and meet some people in person that I had been connecting with over social media for the past 10 months.  Also, did I mention that I love a good party?! 

And a good party it was!  The night was advertised as a very glitzy affair, formal/cocktail dress no less, at the Park Plaza at Westminster Bridge, from 7pm – 1am on Friday 29th April.  Your ticket price got you ‘3 drinks, accompanied by canapes and dinner’, as well as valuable connections from networking on the night! 
 




Maggie had flown in from Geneva especially, working from the city in the day time, and had booked a room at the hotel for the evening, so I scooted across St James Park after work to meet her for a few glasses of Laurent-Perrier in her room before we set off.  We had no idea what to expect so it was nice to discuss ideas and cross reference outfits, while relaxing with a glass of bubbles before we set off downstairs.  In true Planes & Champagne style, Maggie had managed to bag herself an upgrade on her room when she arrived, so we had a lovely lounge area in her suite to relax in while we got ready!    




When we arrived, the place looked magical; there was a proper red carpet, with proper paparazzi, entertainment, mass sponsors and advertising, a champagne reception, and lots of very glammed up bloggers, socialites, and press alike.  So far, so impressed.  And the bubbles turned out to be unlimited!  Feeling quite intimidated and a little out of our depth, we took a few gulps of champers and got stuck in, and were relieved to find the real life blogging world was just as friendly as it was made it to be online.  



Cassie collecting her award, and with her proud hubby.  

We sat in awe through the awards, and by chance sat down next to Cassie of Cassie Fairy, who ended up winning the award for Most Innovative Individual Blog!  It was so nice to experience her joy of winning right beside her!  I felt emotional for her, and we had only just met!  Such a lovely lady with great ideas, check out her thrifty lifestyle blog at CassieFairy.com
 



Me with Cassie, and Cassie and her hubby with Maggie from Planes & Champagne.  

I ended up making a few friends, a few connections and got some proper press leads, which I was totally not expecting, but above all, the categories, the awards and nominees completely opened my eyes to new possibilitiesI was totally inspired – and totally hooked. 


Lx


Maggie from Planes & Champagne with Catherine from Not Dressed as Lamb, and Michelle from A Very Curious Wedding 

All photos my own.
Share:

5 comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your post!!!! Thanks so much for the mention - I had an absolute blast :) ....I'm hoping your free on Saturday 18th June to attend the Bloggers Ball with me...enjoy Bora Bora and being on the most amazing honeymoon ever!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including me in your Blog Awards round-up, so pleased you had a great night :) I think you can guess that I had an amazing night too and it was so lovely to share it with my two new friends - thank you for taking photos of that moment, I treasure those pics :D Keep up the great work, it'll be you on that stage next year!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks Maggie and Cassie!! RE Bloggers Ball - count me in! RE Honeymoon - all thanks to your amazing bubble tips Maggie on planeschampagne.com! Cassie, it was so wonderful to meet you, you are a true inspiration :)
    Hope to see you both soon!!! Mauruuru and nana from Bora Bora xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the mention - wasn't it such a fun night?!! So nice to meet you, and thank you for the kind words (made me feel very special)!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and so nice to meet you Catherine!! It was inspirational! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig