Saturday 17 October 2015

Do Wedding Separates Like Olivia Palermo


I defy any bride to hide her jealously when looking at a picture of Olivia Palermo on her wedding day.  Effortless, natural, comfortable… what more could you want for your wedding day?  Aside from the fact she is absolutely stunning, I love her style.  If someone could play me in a movie about my life, it would be her.  Particularly the part where I get married, even though no doubt I will look nothing like her on my wedding day!

So wedding separates have been trending since Olivia Palermo effortlessly did in it June 2014.  Hers were by wedding favourite Carolina Herrera; a simple cream cashmere sweater with scattered ostrich feathers and chic white shorts with a full tulle skirt overlay that cinched at the waist in layers of satin and silk and featured a high slit in the front with floral details along the hem.

Here are a few favourites of mine on the market at the moment that are not from typical bridal shops, so don't cost the earth (and some are even on sale): 


SIMPLE
Team This: 
Oasis @ John Lewis £35 
With This: 
Elizabeth and James @ Net A Porter £470 
CROP TOP
Team This: 
Rare @ Topshop £25
With This: 
Alice + Olivia @ The Outnet £175 


IVORY
Team This: 
Phillip Lim @ Harvey Nichols £615 
With This: 
Oxfam £90  


VICTORIANA
Team This: 
Ted Baker £139 
With This: 
Oxfam £120

ABROAD WEDDING
Team This: 
Whistles £130 


With This: 
DKNY Pure @ Harvey Nichols £185  

I would also highly recommend Etsy and Ebay for tulle skirts, as it’s hard to go wrong with tulle if you already know the length you’re looking for – plus it’s less of a gamble buying a tulle skirt on Etsy or Ebay as they are ridiculously cheap compared to bridal shops. 

Food for thought... I already have my wedding dress but I’m seriously reconsidering now! 

Lx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig