Sunday 4 December 2016

Favourite Cakes – Archive Highlights



A collection of some of my favourite cake pics for inspiration
not from my own wedding.  Credit firstly to the title image above, a cracker by The Meringue Girls from Brides The Show earlier this year. 

I decided quite late on in my planning process that I didn’t want a wedding cake.  Aside from saving money, we wanted our wedding to have a relaxed party vibe rather than a formal fancy feel, so this fitted in well on two accounts.  Having scoured the internet for real weddings for months, I saw a ‘Bake Off’ style cake buffet on a blog (of course).  The couple were having an English country fete type theme, and asked all their guests to bring a cake instead of a present – so, that’s exactly what we did (minus the theme).  I really loved the idea of everyone being involved and it meant we had a massive variety of treats on the day – win win for everyone. 

Despite this, I didn’t want it to look like a country fete or a sloppy affair, it was still our wedding after all!  So I asked our venue to make a ‘pudding garden’ for us out of some corner tables and an arbour, and I tarted it up with some extra décor and bought some custom cake toppers to adorn said cakes.  (I also made two cakes myself and strung mini doughnuts to hang from the arbour.)  It meant a lot to us that people made the effort to bring a cake and it was a really cool feature at our wedding.  We ended up cutting dessert from our wedding breakfast and put the money we saved into extra welcome drinks and canapes.  


See pics of my pudding garden from my wedding here. 

I don’t regret not having a cake (although I recently found out my mother in law does…!), but since my wedding I have developed a bit of an obsession with wedding cakes!  I am not sure if it is in compensation for not having one at my wedding, but it seems a bit of a coincidence!  I wanted to share some of my favourites from my archives, so here is volume one for starters

Floral
Credit to Sweet Bloom Cakes (L) and BTS Event Management (R). 


 
Individual
Credit to Donuts Cookies and Cream (L) and Sweet n Saucy Shop (R).  



Modern 
Credit to Pure Elegance Events Services (L) and Maid of Gingerbread (R).  



Simple
Credit to Vintage Wedding Wonderland (L).  




I’m not sure I would have been able to choose a wedding cake given the choice
(I still have a whole library of shortlisted cakes to share with you!), so perhaps for the best that I didn’t! 






Never miss a post by subscribing to my blog – if you're viewing this on a computer, there’s a big box just below, at the bottom of the page, where you can enter your email address and you’ll get every post delivered straight to your inbox!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig