Wednesday 22 February 2017

The National Wedding Show 2017 – Highlights


Over winter I’ve actually missed going to wedding fairs!  So I launched straight back into it at The National Wedding Show at Olympia in West London.  I’m more of a ‘Brides The Show’ type gal, and had never actually been to The National Wedding Show before, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Much bigger than Brides The Show but much smaller than The Wedding Fair at the ExCel, it was an easy layout and very simple to navigate. 


I’m normally invited to the press preview at wedding fairs, which is usually the opening (and busiest) night, however, I was setting up the décor for a wedding all day on Friday and Saturday in Angel and couldn’t quite face trekking to Kensington on a Friday night.  So I popped along on Sunday instead, which actually worked out for the best as it wasn’t quite as busy and there was actually room to take photos!  (Rare!  Although FYI I’m a much better wedding planner than I am photographer!)  This was the last day and it was a relief that the tubes were fairly straight forward and there wasn’t a queue to get in. 

Here’s my highlights from the show, in pictures for inspo galore: 

I’m going to get one of these for my house!  (Don’t know how long I can get away with ‘just married’ for, though!)  Neon signs by Neon Creations:  




Unfortunately, I don’t know who these tassel-y fringes are by, but I love the colours!  




Floral hair bands by Crown and Glory:  




Floral arch by The Blossom Co



Stunning cake selection by Tees Bakery:  




Love this idea for a guest book!  




Can you believe everything adorning these cakes is made from sugar?!  Cake selection by Little Cedars Bakehouse:  




Just…. Wow!  Floral design by Tiger Lily:  



I love these, they remind me of the sapphire Manolo Blahnik ones.  Bridal shoes and accessories by Jasper Conran:




More cakes!  I LOVE the sugar flowers!  Incredible up close!  These beauties are by my friend over at Monannie Cakes:




I didn’t catch this one’s name!
☹️  But I like the styling as much as the cakes!  



Customised tote bags by Shop 4 Weddings:



The sphere cake!  OMG!  Kind of weird looking but I kind of want one!  Ann’s Designer Cakes (I ate a lot of cake at this show!):  




Ted Baker Bridal (#WedWithTed – yes please!):  




If you want a show-stopper… Ruth Milliam Bridal Couture:  




Ingenious.  And so cute!  The Ice Cream Cab:  




Gorgeous stationery by my friend Claire Louise Creates:  




And to finish… the champagne bar, of course.  (You can’t hire this one though, that’s just there for the show!)  





I was surprised to see a few things I’d never seen before, although there were tons of cakes, but I never tire of seeing (or testing) cakes! 

Hopefully these highlights are helpful if you didn’t make it to the show, but if you need any help sourcing any suppliers, don’t hesitate to drop me a line.  I offer pick and mix wedding planning, from venue sourcing to supplier sourcing, and from stationery to styling.   

Happy pinning! 








Never miss a post by subscribing to my blog – if you're viewing this on a computer, there’s a big box just below, at the bottom of the page, where you can enter your email address and you’ll get every post delivered straight to your inbox!




 
Share:

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig