Sunday 23 October 2016

I Won at the Wedding Blog Awards 2016!


Where to start?!  It still hasn’t quite sunk in that I am the winner of the Rising Star Wedding Blog Award 2016!  I was just thrilled to even get a nomination, so I am absolutely gobsmacked that I actually won!   


Thank you SO much to everyone who voted for me, it really means the world.  I REALLY couldn’t have done it without you.  The encouragement and support from everyone around me, in my real and virtual world, has been overwhelming.  I have been so touched by everyone’s good wishes, that have now turned into congratulations for my win.  You will never know what this means to me, only 4 months after giving up my day job to pursue my passion full time and turn it into a fully-fledged wedding tasking, planning and blogging business.  THANK YOU! 

I spent Friday in a haze working flat out in the morning, and then faffing about nervously in the afternoon answering emails and trying to get ready.  I was too excited and nervous in equal measure to have a proper lunch, and to make matters worse I had a beautiful silk dress kindly on loan from Sanyukta Shrestha (more on that later) that I was absolutely terrified I was going to ruin!  I felt like I was getting married again!  I also wore my wedding perfume (now reserved strictly for special occasions), so the same nervous energy came flooding back to me all too easily…! 

Words can’t describe the feeling when they read out my name.  There was a flutter of sheer panic, realising that I had to go up on stage, but then just sheer joy.  I felt like I was working so hard for months and nothing was happening, and then everything seemed to suddenly fall into place when they read my name out as the winner.  I’ve been quite emotional all weekend! 

To quote a friend, Rania of The Custom Cake Boutique, who inspired me a year ago when she coaxed me out of my shell at her wedding tweet up networking event: 

“Running your own business means doing everything yourself, from admin, to website updates, finances, social media, marketing and PR etc...  It's time consuming and at times exhausting for sure but surprisingly I've found I enjoy all sides of it.  There's nothing quite like sitting back and looking at what you've created and thinking, that's all mine!”

I couldn’t agree more Rania, and I love it. 

Glamour Credits

My dress was the Jade evening gown from Sanyukta Shrestha’s Spring 2017 collection, on loan personally from the designer.  The minute I tried it on I knew it was the one – it made me feel like a million dollars.  Sanyukta was actually there in the boutique to fit me, which made me feel extra special knowing I had her personal approval to wear one of her gowns.  Coming from a creative background, and also recently starting my own business, I really appreciated that all of her gowns are hand spun, hand-woven, hand-embroidered, and hand-made from beginning to end.  Additionally, all the hand-loomed organic cotton and bamboo fabrics used in Sanyukta Shrestha’s collections come from the Tulsi Mehar Mahila Ashram in Nepal, which houses homeless and destitute women (Sanyukta is Nepalese herself).  Eco-friendly, ethically made and empowering woman – I was sold!  I also have a soft spot for Nepal and its people, since experiencing their kindness first hand on a trekking expedition to Everest Base Camp 5 years ago.  




My jewellery was on loan from London RocksLondon Rocks came to my attention at a wedding fair last year. What struck me the most was how utterly unique their jewellery is, yet also totally versatile and customisable – you can order anything in any metal and customise it while not compromising on any part of its look.  I am also an avid follower of the signature art deco style of their designer Karl Karter, and the way he manages to convey a contemporary edge on his pieces.  I thought the look would work perfectly with my dress – and I think it did!  


I had 4 statement pieces on loan from London Rocks, all by designer Karl Karter; a statement ring (‘Nucleus ring’), a simple geometric shaped band (‘Geo stacking ring’ - not pictured), a necklace (‘Condor pendant’) and earrings (‘Condor drop earrings).   



I also got my hair done at Blow Ltd at Canary Wharf in a rushed appointment after realising I couldn’t achieve an awards worthy bun on my own – but I had to pay for this! 

Here’s my winning night in pictures: 

With some of the other lovely ladies in my category, Lara from A Touch of White (left) and Clare from Confetti Ave (right):  





The shortlist in my category:  




Accepting my award from the gorgeous Gethin Jones:  




Celebrating with Clare from Confetti Ave and my hubby:  




With my lovely award (and a wine!):  



 

With Gethin again – he was seriously following me around…!  



The winners!!!!!





Cheers to that, onwards and upwards!  Thanks for your support, it means the world.  


With thanks to Wedding Magazine for an amazing evening.




Never miss a post by subscribing to my blog – if you're viewing this on a computer, there’s a big box just below, underneath the comments, where you can enter your email address and you’ll get every post delivered straight to your inbox!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you thought of this post!

I offer bespoke wedding tasking and run an award winning wedding blog.

Visit devinebride.co.uk and @devinebride on social for daily wedding inspiration.

Testimonials

Recent Press

© Devine Bride | Wedding Tasking + Multi Award Winning Blog | All rights reserved.
Website Designed by pipdig